May Day, May Day – it’s almost May Day!
Summer has arrived (in the Celtic calendar anyway) and the grand stretch is definitely here.
Taking care of yourself is a theme – month long events include Mental Health Awareness month, Skin Cancer Awareness month and #MindfulInMay. Other May themes include Asian Heritage month, #BikeMonth, and #GolfMonth.
- Bealtaine, on May 1st, begins the Irish summer. Washing your face in May Day dew is said to give you a flawless complexion for the year. It also kicks off the month-long Bealtaine Festival – Ireland’s national celebration of the arts and creativity as we age.
- Get sunshine-ready – think garden furniture, al fresco dining, chic summer style – and stocking up on sunscreen!
- “Do or do not, there is no try.” The 4th is Star Wars Day #MayThe4thBeWithYou. Or go to the dark side – Revenge of the Fifth! Space Day is on the 7th.
- The 9th is #EuropeDay – and the Eurovision sparkles onto screens from the 9th to the Grand Final on the 13th.
Make a date in May
- 1st – Bank Holiday (IRE), Bealtaine and #MayDay
- 3rd – World Press Freedom Day #WPFD2022 #PressFreedom and Teacher Appreciation Day #ThankATeacher
- 6th – Space Day
- 12th – International Nurses Day
- 15th – International Day of Families #FamilyDay
- 17th – International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia #IDAHOT2022
- 18th – Int Museums Day #IMD2022
- 19th/20th – 🏉EPCR and Heineken Champions Cup final
- 28th – World Hunger Day
- 31st – Listowel Writers’ Week starts